Dr. Martin Schmidt
+49 (0)178 45 93 715
As managing director of Comfield Unternehmensberatung, Martin Schmidt advises companies of all sizes on all questions relating to compliance, in particular on the structure and organization of compliance management systems.
As a lawyer for Comfield Legal (www.comfield-legal.eu) Martin Schmidt advises companies in all questions of antitrust law. His main focus is on advising on individual antitrust law issues in day-to-day business, in particular on cooperations with competitors (such as working and bidding consortia, sales cooperations or purchasing cooperations). He specializes in advising companies and public clients on the prevention of antitrust damages by suppliers (antitrust damage prevention). In addition, he supports companies in the use of scope under cartel law in the context of the design of digital distribution structures as well as on questions of the abuse of market power. In addition, his advisory activities also cover the classic fields of antitrust law such as antitrust proceedings, merger control and antitrust damages.
Dr. Schmidt is also very familiar with the in-house perspective. Before founding Comfield Legal, he worked for four years as in-house counsel for antitrust law in the legal department of an international mobility and logistics group. In particular, he was jointly responsible for the conception, organization and implementation of both the antitrust compliance system and the system for the prevention of antitrust damages. Prior to that, he worked for an international commercial law firm, where he supported clients primarily in proceedings before the antitrust authorities and in antitrust law compensation proceedings (claimant and defendant side).
Martin Schmidt works as a compliance ombudsman for medium-sized companies.
Martin Schmidt studied law at the Humboldt University of Berlin, where he also obtained his doctorate. Prior to this, he completed additional training in economics at the University of Bayreuth.
Martin Schmidt is a member of the expert advisory board of "Compliance Business" and of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
Martin Schmidt speaks German and English.
- Development and structuring of compliance management systems for several German medium-sized companies
- Compliance ombudsman for medium-sized companies
- Comprehensive antitrust compliance advice for a large German business association
- Ongoing antitrust advice for various clients, including an internationally active mobility start-up and a publishing house
- Establishment and further development of a cartel damage prevention system for an international mobility and logistics group
- Accompaniment of several antitrust damages proceedings (follow-on actions) on the claimant and defendant side
- Advising companies and individuals in connection with the sausage and beer cartel